A trade association for language professionals
- Professional association for interpreters and translators, primarily focused on northern Germany.
- Registered office: Hamburg.
- Legal form: registered association.
- Members in Hamburg, Schleswig-Holstein, Lower Saxony and elsewhere in Germany as well as abroad.
- Demanding membership criteria (relevant qualification from institute of higher education, state-approved examination or admission after review by an Admissions Committee).
- Approx. 320 members (as of November 2016).
- Over 50 working languages from A as in Afghan through to V as in Vietnamese, including German sign language.
- With specialisations covering all areas of activity: technology, business, law, medicine, the humanities, literature and many others.
- Sworn interpreters and translators.
ADÜ Nord – Assoziierte Dolmetscher und Übersetzer in Norddeutschland e. V. – is the established cross-regional association for interpreters and translators in northern Germany.